Beauty trends evolve to keep up with face masks as the new standard


Article: Beauty trends change to fit mask standards

Source: SBS via Nate

1. [+286, -19] I've noticed that there are a lot of people who look prettier with masks on ㅋㅋ

2. [+222, -27] The ladies all look prettier lately. If you're still ugly with a mask on, then you're really ugly.

3. [+200, -6] With masks being the new normal, I've realized that us Koreans have ugly lower halfs..

4. [+35, -1] I used to think having pretty eyes was all that mattered back then but I've realized how important your nose and lower half are ㅋ People whose beauties are centered around their nose and lower halfs look uglier with masks on while those with just pretty eyes are definitely benefiting from the mandatory masks lately ㅋ

5. [+15, -2] I've been focusing on my eye make up since that's all you can see with masks on ㅋㅋㅋ

6. [+12, -3] All you need is pretty eyes lately since masks cover your eyes, lips, and face shape

7. [+12, -1] I think both men and women look a lot prettier and more handsome these days ㅠㅠ I guess masks should've been the norm long ago

8. [+6, -0] Men need to stop laughing at the girls ㅋㅋ you men just barely look presentable thanks to your masks, you don't even look handsome with it unless you're part of the minimum who do.

9. [+6, -1] With the entire nation wearing masks, I've realized that us Korean men and women have such pretty eyes ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

10. [+3, -1] I've noticed that when I meet people with masks on and only see their eyes, my mind makes up harmonious facial features for them so I end up surprised when they take their masks off and their features are quite different from what I imagined ㅋㅋ I've also started noticing more facial features that I never noticed before like the length of philtrums and facial contours ㅋㅋ I've realized the importance of facial harmony ㅋㅋ big eyes aren't all that matters, you need your lips to match it too ㅋ

-