Sulli's friend of 15 years points out the mother's greed all her life


Article: 15 year friend of Sulli posts, "Sulli's mother cut contact with her over money, and she's still at it..."

Source: Kukmin Ilbo via Naver

1. [+598, -7] This situation reminds me of Jang Yoon Jung and her mother. Little Sulli sacrificed her youth to make money through sweat and blood, and I wonder where it all went? When her mother chose to cut contact with her, I wonder if she even gave a cent of that money back to her? I feel so bad for Sulli and how much resentment she was filled with about her own family. I hope her own oppas are making their own money now?

2. [+364, -7] The second I started reading articles about Sulli's mother, I just had a gut feeling that she saw Sulli as a source of money. Imagine the pain Sulli had to suffer at the hands of her mother's greed. I understand what this friend is trying to say because my own mother is the same way. I don't regret sacrificing myself for my family because they're family after all but all parents aren't cut from the same cloth. I'm glad this friend is standing up for her.

3. [+312, -11] Sulli cried for a week after she harmed herself... did her mother never think to rush to her side? I feel like mothers who truly care about their children and feel sorry for them don't remarry. Remarrying is not a bad thing and people have a right to pursue their own happiness but I don't think that I could do that in the face of a daughter who spent her youth bringing home money and suffering because of that. When I heard that her mother was the one managing her money, I just had a feeling that she must've been like Jang Yoon Jung's mother. In the end, it's just Sulli that we feel bad for.

4. [+336, -49] Sulli seemed to have been the happiest in the three years she was with Choiza... her family should be grateful to him

5. [+119, -1] Family is ultimately where your identity and source of strength stems from in life, and I could tell that Sulli was lacking in those things. I wonder how her family couldn't see that? Even a stranger like me could see that Sulli was starved for affection. Sulli's mother... you really think Sulli died because she broke up with a man? You do realize that most people break up with their first loves and continue on to second, third loves, and live on, right? When life meets obstacles, it's family that holds you up, and Sulli had none of that, all because of you.

6. [+116, -3] I get the feeling that Sulli basically paid to keep her mother's new family afloat. Even in the documentary, Sulli had requested that her mother give her receipts. I just have my doubts that the mother took proper care of Sulli when she had another family to look after...

7. [+102, -1] Yeah, I didn't think it was the hate comments that was the problem. Sulli has always left hints about the lack of family she had growing up. She was such a beautiful maknae daughter... but her case is similar to Jang Yoon Jung and Goo Hara.

8. [+96, -3] When you read Sulli's posts back when she was dating Choiza, I really do think she was the happiest in her life when she was with him. She talked about wanting to remember these moments no matter what others said... how precious he is to her... Break ups happen but I think she was that much lonely too. She probably woke up after the break up to realize that there's no one around her... All of that is too much to bear at such a young age. No matter how many friends you have, they can't replace the void that a family fills. I wish her mother had been by her side...

-