Hollywood: 'Mulan' boycott


Article: Live action 'Mulan' causes growing boycott

Source: Chosun Biz via Naver

1. [+175, -2] Disney is based in the US but they're still holding boycotts alongside other countries, which is why Disney chose not to release it in theaters except in Korea thanks to a few groups that just love the Chinese

2. [+72, -1] Not watching. I am sick and tired of anything related to China this year.

3. [+58, -1] I've always had high regards for Disney but it seems I've been wrong. They deserve all the hate they're getting for this. I've heard that American politicians have become addicted to China Money and it seems to be true. I knew there was something fishy when they were buying up publication rights for everything from the Marvel series to Star Wars to movie production companies. Disney is not the old Disney I remember but a greedy one now. I won't be watching 'Mulan' and I genuinely hope that it flops.

4. [+24, -1] Trash actress, trash movie. Disney is addicted to that China Money.

5. [+22, -0] Disney's practically a Chinese company. They've basically lost all sense to Chinese investments.

6. [+9, -1] A lot of it has to do with Liu Yifei's attitude as well. She opposed the Hong Kong protests and supported the violence being used against them by the police. Boycotting 'Mulan' is simply not enough. Korea needs to start boycotting Chinese products in general.

7. [+6, -0] Let's participate in the 'Mulan' boycott too

8. [+6, -1] Korea supports the independence of Hong Kong, Tibet, and Uyghurs

-