Father of Cho Doo Soon's victim speaks in anguish over his impending release back to their city

Still from the movie 'Sowon'

Article: [Exclusive] The cry of Nayoung's father "I'd rather go into debt to find Cho Doo Soon somewhere else to move"

Source: Chosun Ilbo via Nate

"My daughter still has to wear a diaper at home. We have to bring the biggest pads in a bag whenever we go out on a long trip. You will never know how that feels as a parent unless you've experienced it yourself. I am living the life of a criminal because my crime is that I wasn't able to protect my own child. How is it that possible that Cho Doo Soon will be allowed to live near us? If he's truly reflecting, why is he choosing to come to live in Ansan, where his victim lives? I'd take out a loan if it meant that I could make him leave Ansan to live elsewhere."

1. [+6,378, -25] I get so mad hearing anything about Cho Doo Soon... why are we letting such a terrible criminal back into society...

2. [+5,683, -26] Ah, I really just want to kill the guy. I wish I had the money to hire a killer.

3. [+5,047, -82] You don't need to go into debt for this. Don't worry. Us citizens will make sure this doesn't happen.

4. [+325, -4] I have no idea why the victim's family needs to be worrying about this at all. I question whether our laws are actually in the name of justice anymore.

5. [+316, -2] I'm tearing up hearing about the difficulties being faced by Nayoung and her parents. We're so angry and we're only strangers... can you imagine how her parents must feel? Do we really have nothing else we can try?

6. [+216, -5] He should be ripped apart to shreds

7. [+211, -3] I'm even more mad because he's the same age as Nayoung's father! Don't think of going into debt for this! I heard Cho Doo Soon was studying the bible in jail because he wanted to become a pastor... does he think that he'll be forgiven that easily?

8. [+145, -2] What an angry start to my morning ㅜㅜ why should the victim have to live her life in fear because of this?

9. [+134, -1] The child is still living in suffering and yet the criminal is already back out and continuing with his life because the legal system feels he's paid his price. This makes my blood run cold.

10. [+116, -1] This isn't just an Ansan issue. Cho Doo Soon will be a problem no matter where he moves into in the country. The only place he deserves to be is in the house of the judge who let him free. 

11. [+84, -1] This is so cruel. Must we further push this family into suffering?? Why can't we fix a law that's clearly broken? Why have we reached a point where the victim's family needs to be saying this at all??

12. [+84, -2] Please just send all these criminals to a deserted island somewhere

-