Europe experiences a spike in case numbers

Article: France hits 13,000 new cases a day, will they enter a second lockdown?

Source: News 1 via Nate

1. [+936, -235] Honestly, Korea has super low cases compared to other countries but the old farts in our comment sections are always getting triggered and claiming that we're failing ㅋㅋ when the virus first broke out, Korea went from having the 2nd most cases in the world to now the 77th. We're actually doing quite well. You can tell from the foreign attention we're getting too but the conservatives in our country will never admit it ㅎㅎ

2. [+870, -37] Do they think their mask is effective when it's under their nose like that? I thought it was just the first man but everyone behind him is wearing it like that too. This pandemic has made me realize just how ignorant white people can be.

3. [+603, -21] How many times do we have to tell you that you're not supposed to wear your mask under your nose... why won't they listen? Whenever I see people like this in the elevator, I want to slap them upside the head. Don't bother wearing one at all at that point. 

4. [+21, -6] Whenever you see Koreans complain about how we're handling the pandemic, just ask them to name one country from the OECD that's doing better than us. I bet you they can't. They'll either downvote you and run or call you a swear. Why? Because there isn't one ㅋㅋㅋ all the major research has shown Korea at the top of the graphs looking down at the other countries. Our country has made all of the leaders of the other OECD countries look useless. 

5. [+19, -1] Reading stuff like this makes me realize that our country is really doing well at holding on

6. [+15, -0] I'm so glad that I visited Europe when I was 29. I now realize that I may never get a chance again. I'm scared of the racism that I might experience over there after the pandemic is over.. they'll accuse me of being Chinese.

7. [+15, -4] We should not be worrying about France right now. We have our own Chuseok holiday coming up.

8. [+12, -6] If you look at all the countries that went into lockdown, they're all suffering a second wave right now. We're doing really well as a country.

9. [+11, -0] We're doing amazingly well. Just look out at the streets... We're keeping our numbers in the 100s, and so many of us are helping out to make sure we keep the numbers low. 

10. [+10, -2] Wearing the mask under their nose is the least of their problems. There are protests all over Europe of groups refusing to wear masks period. They don't see it as effective and they see it as a breach of their rights. That's why their numbers are rising. They're ignorant white people. I don't care what the conservative old farts in our country say, we're doing really well as a country and our people are doing all they can.

11. [+9, -0] With those numbers, do they even have enough hospital beds?...

12. [+9, -0] I live in France. They recognize that it's a severe problem but they're scared of the economic repercussions so they've shortened the quarantine term from 14 days to 7. They're being lenient with the regulation for economic reasons and I think that will contribute to the high death rates.

-