[Update: #1 on Billboard Hot 100] BTS soars onto digital charts worldwide with 'Dynamite'


Article: BTS ranks in worldwide charts like Spotify with 'Dynamite'

Source: MBN via Naver

1. [+196, -2] So proud~~!! So very proud that a group making new records worldwide is from our country ^^

2. [+63, -1] So proud of BTS for spreading joy and happiness during these difficult times! Always supporting you :)

3. [+42, -2] So proud! Really glad that a world star like BTS is from our own country. I know that this is the result of their hard work! I will continue supporting BTS in spreading our culture around the world!

4. [+33, -1] I'm 47 but own all of BTS' albums. What attracts me to them the most is that their music is all highly perfected, lyrics included.

5. [+27, -0] So proud that our BTS is putting their name up there on digital charts around the world. So grateful to them during these difficult times. They've become a source of strength. Doing the best we can in the space we occupy is the best we can do. I hope BTS takes care of their health and comes back with more good news~

6. [+15, -1] When I first heard the song, I thought "finally a decent pop song to listen to, but this feels like BTS..." and I checked and it was BTS... I hope they continue to grow~

7. [+10, -0] I joined the fandom with 'Dynamite' and I'm fallling deeper with all the new videos I look up... I haven't been able to leave the house but their videos are giving me a breath of fresh air here ㅠ

8. [+10, -0] As a Korean, I'm so proud that a group with such talent and skill is making records worldwide and spreading K-Pop around the world.

9. [+7, -0] Rank doesn't matter anymore, BTS has already become Korea's gem!!

-


Article: BTS is K-Pop's first to rank #1 on US Billboard Hot 100 with 'Dynamite'

Source: Kyunghyang News via Naver

1. [+1,040, -10] Seriously daebak

2. [+746, -5] This is the first #1 out of Asia in 60 years, and the first for Korea. It is also the first that an international band has been #1 in Billboard history. Congratulations!!!

3. [+723, -4] They're a team that worked their way up slowly but surely from a small agency, not a big one. This achievement is that much more meaningful because of it. They have a fandom in the US that's just as strong as Korea. They may be known as a K-Pop group but BTS is a genre of their own now. They're a group that proves themselves through real achievements and not media play.

4. [+467, -12] I've been proud of Korea three times in my life and it was with the 2002 World Cup, Kim Yuna, and BTS! So happy to be living in the same generation as them. Thank you for being with us!

5. [+203, -2] Making our country proud~~

6. [+165, -2] This is history in the making... seriously. It's ridiculous that they're still looked down upon in our own industry... Being the first Korean group to win #1 on the Hot 100 is more surprising than winning an Olympic gold medal...

7. [+123, -8] I'm not a BTS fan, just someone who enjoys their music. Why are we sending them to the army? Aren't they representative of our country out of all the celebrities? Please just let them continue to work.

8. [+89, -0] A Korean group with all Korean members winning # on the Billboard, I can't believe it ㅠㅠ

-