Former Brave Girls member Han Yejin reveals the dangerous reason why she quit the industry



Article: "The reason I quit my girl group?... I felt that my life was in danger"

Source: E-Daily via Nate

Former Brave Girls member Han Yejin revealed in a YouTube video why she quit being a girl group member and transitioned into YouTube. "There were a lot of reasons why I had to quit. Because I was a nugu? Because I didn't make money? The reason was because I felt that my life was in danger. We had a new manager come in once. It was a rainy day and he was driving in the front with me in the passenger side while everyone else was sitting in the back. The manager was playing a smartphone game while driving.... (Video clip of male manager driving with one hand, gaming with the other hand). The other members were sleeping so they didn't know but I felt weird so I woke up and realized what was happening. The manager had his foot up on the wheel and was practically driving while lying down. That's so dangerous, no? He was basically driving with one foot. I took a video of that with my iPad and secretly sent it to my parents. They got so mad and asked my agency, 'Please take care of our daughter more, she's in these dangerous situations' and they replied back, 'Don't involve yourself in our company.' Then my parents asked, 'How could we not when our daughter's life is at stake?' Then my parents told me to quit and I realized I couldn't go on either along with some other issues so I left."

-

1. [+1,008, -8] As I would expect from Brave Brothers' company, a former member of a gang...

2. [+927, -8] I bet there are a ton of groups out there like this. There are so many issues with their human rights being ignored before all their debt is paid off.. and they hate it when parents start getting involved and they'll take it out on the member by suddenly taking them off center.. A certain agency even went as far as to "forget" posting a member's individual comeback teaser... A fan even caught a manager beating his own idol and fans tried complaining to the agency about it but they never fired him...

3. [+811, -7] That agency's a mess ㅎㅎ How do you respond to a parent's concern about their daughter's life by saying screw off ㅋㅋㅋㅋ disappointed in Brave Brothers

4. [+66, -1] Looks like they hired a thug for a manager who thought his job was just moving cargo~

5. [+61, -0] The staff at this company are scary... I work near the area and pass by the Brave building a lot and once saw a manager scream at a delivery driver for blocking his car;;; the delivery driver was at least old enough to be his dad, he could've just asked him nicely to move his car... I've never seen someone so disrespectful in my life.

6. [+47, -0] She was truly a "brave girl" for risking her life to promote like that

7. [+40, -0] I saw a huge van speeding on the highway and cutting off all the other cars and we stopped at the same rest stop and I was so surprised to see a bunch of young girls get out of it...

8. [+39, -3] Brave Girls came to perform at my base when I was serving in the army and I remember one of them came up to perform wearing a neck brace..

9. [+36, -1] When even top tier idols like Super Junior get into car accidents... these managers have no fear in pressing the pedal because they never think it'll happen to them and they're just under the pressure of having to make the most money possible while the idol groups are in demand. Kwon Rise's group even suffered deaths.

10. [+33, -0] There's a reason guys like Brave Brothers can only get so far. He got famous off of his hit songs but then started making his own groups like VIXX and Brave Girls who are all gone now.. he couldn't even do anything with Samuel.

11. [+28, -8] This is probably why everyone wants to join YG... they don't make their idols perform at festivals and give them long hiatuses between comebacks so the lifestyle is better for artists...

12. [+26, -0] I remember MBLAQ's GO sharing a familiar story. He said they were driving down from an event and he woke up to find his manager driving with his eyes closed.

-