Baek Yerin to start her own label after 12 years with JYP


Article: Baek Yerin to leave JYP after 12 years... "starting my own label"

Source: Star News via Nate

1. [+942, -85] It's about time JYP threw her out. They told her not to get tattoos and she kept getting them all on her own. Kept fighting with her fans on SNS, even stroke up private friendships with her own sasaengs. Even when JYP tried to put out an album for her, she'd randomly get some artist disease and refuse to put it out. What's it matter if she or Park Jimin are good singers when they don't listen to their own agency and act like they're big shots when they're not?

2. [+743, -35] Hard to blame JYP for any of this considering everything Baek Yerin has done to herself ㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+418, -139] Park Jimin, Baek Yerin... wasted talents that JYP didn't od much with ㅠ I wish them the best

4. [+61, -31] Is she popular enough to start her own label?

5. [+52, -4] She got her name out there thanks to JYP. I doubt SM or YG would've debuted either of them. JYP debuted them on their talents alone... and I know people like to blame JYP for not pushing them enough but JYP never pushes anyone in their company... they all get famous on their own.

6. [+50, -3] She was born with a great voice but her personality is just no good. There's a reason JYP's letting her go.

7. [+40, -2] Park Jin Young must've adored her for him to keep her for 12 years. I don't think it's right to say that JYP is "throwing her out"... she was technically with them longer than even Rain. I think she's just striking out on her own because the timing is right. She has an amazing voice but both her and Park Jimin lack star potential.

8. [+37, -2] I was quite surprised with her personality. I remember on Instagram, a fan asked her what make up product she was using and she kept beating around the bush about it in a way that you know is trying to get under their skin. Made me wonder why a celebrity was behaving like that.

9. [+23, -5] I really don't know why she got those tattoos. I guess she can go around Hongdae and perform because I don't think she'll ever grow any bigger as a talented artist.

10. [+22, -2] I love her voice and her songs... but she's too stubborn. No one can produce her properly so she's starting her own label, I guess? Will she make it, though? ㅋ

-