Debate over upcoming BTS fan meet in Japan



Article: BTS Japanese fan meet controversy... "At a time like this?" vs "Has nothing to do with politics"

Source: The Fact via Nate

1. [+2,416, -172] I support them making money there and bringing it back

2. [+2,267, -169] Gotta bring home the yen~ why hate on that~~ ㅎㅎ

3. [+1,986, -136] Let's not oppose everything related to Japan, we have to calculate what benefits us and doesn't. Japanese money coming in to Korea is a good thing ㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+95, -12] I support the fan meet because they're going to Japan to bring home the yen... If they were just going for vacation, they'd get hated on to death, but I support it because it's to make money. And I bet the right-wingers would get so mad at seeing Japanese fans attend the fan meet, shaking in anger at their own people fangirling over Korean celebrities... That's why I support it, although the radioactivity does make me worry..

5. [+65, -14] Bring home the yen ㅎㅎ I support BTS~~

6. [+62, -6] I like that they'll bring home yen but I do worry that a worldwide star like BTS will make others think that Japan is a safe place by going there

7. [+60, -3] I don't care about the fan meet but let's not be two faced. If it's okay for BTS to work in Japan, then other singers shouldn't get hate for it either.

8. [+48, -19] Look at the hypocrisy ㅋㅋㅋ Twice would get a sh*t ton of hate if they were going to have a Japanese fan meet ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

9. [+46, -5] Imagine the impact if BTS said something like "Dokdo belongs to Korea"...

10. [+41, -13] People are saying that it's fine because BTS is bringing home yen but they're also making money for their Japanese sponsors and businesses involved. If you really want to "bring home the yen", then BTS should be opening a fan meet in Korea and having the Japanese fans come here. Tsk tsk, pathetic logic.

-