Arashi announces a pause in promos after 20 years


Article: Arashi announces 'halting promos', tearful press conference "we'll work hard until the end"

Source: OSEN via Nate

1. [+306, -32] It's so... beautiful that they said they're going to give their fans time to accept the end. I think that shows how much manner and respect they have for their fans. They're all so talented and good at acting and varieties, they're an amazing group.

2. [+303, -30] They did really well for the past 20 years. A lot of them had individual activities, all of them had so much presence... I think it's a good idea to take a break from group promos instead of forcing themselves to do it. They worked really hard all this time.

3. [+234, -38] This group made my teens and twenties so joyful.. They worked really hard at both singing and acting over the past 20 years!

4. [+31, -4] This is so Arashi. I liked them a lot in high school and college and watched all their videos. I'm grateful to them for my Japanese skills because I watched so many of their TV shows and dramas ㅋㅋ I went with my friends to see them at the Asia Song Festival too. That was already 10 years ago. I remember them saying that their 10th anniversary was their biggest obstacle but for some reason, this really feels like the end this time. They have lots of great songs ㅜㅜ

5. [+28, -2] They're a group that truly loved Korea.. when I think of Arashi, I think of soy marinated crabs..

6. [+26, -3] Yamapi and Arashi made up my high school memories.. and 'Boys Over Flowers'.. I remember collecting their pictures... but it's all memories now ㅠ

7. [+20, -7] I only ever knew of their name but now that I look them up on YouTube, I can see why they were so liked. They're all flower boys with great songs. They're multi-talented too from comedy to dancing.. But unfortunately, you can't beat the passage of time. Gotta just go your separate ways. Damn, their songs are so~ good though. Too bad I got into them so late ㅋㅋㅋ

8. [+20, -3] Matsumoto Jun's 'Boys Over Flowers' is still so memorable for me. Was the female lead Tsukushi? Anyway, his acting really left an impression. He was good and also handsome.

9. [+20, -6] The passage of my youth.. I remember being so into Japanese culture because of Arashi.

10. [+15, -0] I still can't forget the way Nino and Aiba would bicker together. I miss those days.

-


Source: Naver

1. [+1,614, -548] Honestly, there's no group in Korea that could compete against Arashi. All five members were leads in so many successful dramas and movies. The members personally have so much individual fame and honor. There are a lot of Korean groups where a few members get into acting but no group where all of the members are so equally successful.

2. [+564, -62] As a long time fan of Arashi, I can't believe it ㅠ.ㅠ

3. [+367, -25] You guys worked hard. You need time to rest. It wasn't an easy decision, I know... and I wish you all happiness.

4. [+94, -4] Please don't late hate comments just because this group isn't of your generation... because you're not a fan... that's really so disrespectful...

5. [+87, -7] This is shocking... more shocking than when SMAP disbanded...

-