Mamamoo puts on a steamy show at '2018 MAMA Japan'


Article: '2018 MAMA Japan' Mamamoo Whasa, all eyes on her with provocative stage

Source: Kuki News via Nate

1. [+1,217, -173] Too excessive......

2. [+1,162, -135] Whasa seems really into outfits that show of her butt but I wish she'd dress in longer clothing ㅠㅠㅠ

3. [+1,092, -230] She must think she's Beyonce or something

4. [+122, -14] She was practically showing her entire butt, it turned me off

5. [+120, -12] Performances like this are supposed to look cool but it doesn't at all.. why are her and Solar like this??? You guys got famous for being talented, not for showing skin

6. [+109, -17] I wish they'd stop with this whole sexy act... The other members are at least average in looks so I can stomach it but I can't stand it when Whasa or Moon Gabi act like this..

7. [+97, -9] The whole thing was too much.. ㅠㅠ

8. [+92, -6] Did she sit in the singer's waiting area dressed like that..

9. [+87, -9] If she's going to dress in an outfit like this, at least do some squats... I was so embarrassed for her, I turned it off...

10. [+81, -13] Grotesque to watch

11. [+77, -9] Agh my eyes ㅜㅜ I wish she had changed her clothes after her stage. I felt embarrassed watching her, can't imagine the male idols who had to see her.

12. [+74, -6] Just embarrassing... too much going on, especially for a show that kids are watching too

-


Source: Nate

1. [+618, -79] Whasa ㅠㅠ went too far...

2. [+562, -84] Why does Whasa act so sexy?

3. [+518, -71] Whasa's was shocking.. ㅡㅡ

4. [+64, -9] Whasa's was too much.. she could've gone with half of that performance and still looked good.. that outfit was a mischoice

5. [+55, -2] I get that they put a lot of work into this... but the reason people like Mamamoo is not because of stuff like this but because they are commanding enough on stage to enjoy music with the audience without the need for pretty visuals or showing skin... We liked them for their talent, not for these visual stimulations... I feel sad because it feels like Mamamoo has switched to going for provocative content...  They're missing what's important.

6. [+54, -13] Why does Whasa keep wearing red panties?

7. [+44, -29] What are people saying was so shocking? Yeah, it was a bit much, but it looked cool like a foreign singer's stage. Don't leave such hateful comments.

8. [+44, -19] Whasa almost made me throw up

9. [+42, -2] They dressed like this at their last ceremony too, I just don't get why... Mamamoo are talented and pretty enough without needing to dress like this.

10. [+42, -15] Whasa's butt... seriously gross..

-


Source: Naver

1. [+7,437, -489] Unni's the best...

2. [+4,317, -240] I really thought Whasa was a foreign singer..

3. [+2,595, -202] I was taken aback but she looked cool and sexy

4. [+2,347, -184] Wow... that pole dancing... I was laying down and not really paying attention but I jumped up when I saw it... Whasa devoured that stage

5. [+2,337, -352] I wonder if people would still be calling this "embarrassing" if it was a foreign performance... it's just a performance, guys

6. [+1,191, -73] I think the Korean stage is too small for Whasa... she has too much potential to just be an idol

7. [+1,212, -160] Whasa showing her skin isn't an attempt to seduce men or look sexy, it's to show her confidence in her body and show off the fruits of managing herself. Stop trying to make her out to be what she isn't. What even is the standard for looking sexy? It's so old school to think someone is being erotic just because they're wearing clothes with a bit of skin showing. Our public is still stuck in the Chosun era and Whasa's meant for bigger things than us. I want her to pursue everything she wants.

8. [+823, -47] Why do people call Beyonce cool but not Whasa? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I think it's great that Korea has a singer like Whasa too

9. [+760, -50] Whasa dominated... MAMA sucked today but she saved it

10. [+653, -12] Mnet cameras need to stop showing off their stage and actually film the performances...

-