Doojoon shares a handwritten letter confessing his inner feelings upon enlistment



Article: Yoon Doojoon writes handwritten letter from training "My enlistment was so sudden, tearful over all that's to come"

Source: Sports Chosun via Nate

1. [+934, -88] Women will never know... sure, it's easy to say that everyone enlists and it's something everyone does, but the minute you get in, you're basically cut off from the life you've known all your life and you're filled with the stuffy feeling of having to be stuck there for the next two years. You get no cellphone, you struggle to fall asleep, and most are so nervous that they can't even poop for weeks at a time. I never want to feel that feeling when I first enlisted. It felt like I was all alone in the world.

2. [+686, -41] Such pretty handwriting. Don't get hurt and train well, Doojoon-ah ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

3. [+608, -29] Knowing that he's the type to never let his feelings show, I'm sure he must be struggling with feelings of shock and surprise... I know he'll adjust well. I trust that he'll come back fine!! Fighting!!!

4. [+32, -6] I'm not even a fan and I was surprised at how sudden his enlistment felt, can't imagine how he or his fans must feel ㅠㅠ Yes, we all know that everyone has to serve, but he basically had a few days to barely get himself together but he had to go...

5. [+30, -4] His handwriting ㅋㅋㅋ really looks like your own boyfriend wrote it ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

6. [+27, -3] He enlisted with such a bright smile that I wondered if he was really okay beneath all that... I knew he was feeling this way on the inside. Doojoon-ah, don't worry. It does seem like everything happened in a rush for you but I'm sure you'll look back on this with fond memories!

7. [+24, -1] From experience, I noticed that it doesn't matter whether you enlist late or early, how much time you had to prepare or not... everyone is overwhelmed with the same, stuffy feeling of what's to come. It's a burden that men in our country must carry and I respect and thank all the men who serve out their responsibilities. Take care of yourself and come back soon!

8. [+20, -0] He'll have no trouble making friends since he's good at soccer. In the army, being a good soccer player is more important than shooting a gun well.

9. [+19, -1] I'm sure he represents the feelings of all men who first enter the army... knowing that two years will pass but never feeling prepared enough for it.

10. [+15, -2] You feel at peace the first day because you're still not quite sure whether this is a dream or real life... it's when the alarms ring the second morning that the pain begins.

-