Netizens worry for Onew in the aftermath


Article: Onew's quiet farewell at Jonghyun's funeral

Source: Herald Pop via Nate

1. [+1,245, -55] He lost his fans over a moment's mistake and now a friend that he's been with for 10 years... the inside of his head must be a mess right now. Onew-ssi, find strength. There are still a lot of fans left who support you.

2. [+930, -18] Hoping the remaining members find strength

3. [+867, -21] Find strength, you must live for Jonghyun~!

4. [+138, -4] Seeing him console Kibum made me realize he is the oldest hyung and the leader after all. He looked so dependable. I'm sure Jonghyun heard his last farewell. I hope he takes care of himself though... I wish he had just let go and cried ㅠ Seeing him walk without any strength in his body makes me feel so concerned for him... in case he's blaming himself for all this. Yes, his scandal puts him in the wrong, but Jonghyun leaving was not his to blame so I hope he overcomes this. Don't let himself crumble.

5. [+130, -5] I feel so bad for him, his face just says it all. Even the way his bangs cover his eyes... Whatever the case, his scandal was a mistake and a misunderstanding and I bet his feelings are a mess right now. Find strength, Onew.

6. [+125, -2] Yes, Onew is in the wrong for his scandal but it's not a mistake big enough for his life to be over over. I hope he doesn't think anything drastic and overcomes this with all that he can.

7. [+111, -1] Looking at the videos makes me feel nervous for Onew. I'm worried that he's blaming himself for all of this. I hope he gets some consulting.

8. [+103, -4] He looks so frail...

9. [+98, -2] He looked so soulless in the videos... he was walking without any strength in his legs... I really do fear that something might happen to him

10. [+76, -4] He may have gotten into a scandal but he acted like a true leader this time... find strength, SHINee

-


Source: Nate

1. [+240, -5] This isn't your fault. Don't blame yourself and please continue living your life on Jonghyun's behalf as well. Jonghyun would not want you to break down because of him. I will support you not as a member of the public but as a fellow human being!

2. [+192, -6] Jinki-ya, this is not your fault. Never, ever blame yourself for this. Jonghyun does not want you to feel sad on your own. Let's all find strength together, we'll be with you all the way. We love you, don't let this take you down.

3. [+65, -0] I saw the videos and Onew couldn't even bring himself to cry... the other members were crying or looking out of it but Onew looked like his soul was completely gone... and yet he still had enough to take of the other members and console them... he looked so sad to the point where it was difficult to watch.

4. [+48, -0] Ah I'm so worried for the SHINee members ㅠㅠ I'm not even a fan and I'm so worried. As they say, the living must live... please overcome this!

5. [+46, -5] Onew-ya, think of Jonghyun and don't cause another scandal like that again.

6. [+24, -0] I'm sure Onew is taking it the hardest out of all the members... He wasn't able to join him and the other members over the past year because of his scandal... I hope he doesn't let this take him down. I hope he overcomes it and returns to the stage looking brighter. Everyone makes mistakes in life... it can happen, especially under the influence of alcohol. Do it for Jonghyun! Fighting to the other SHINee members, especially Onew.

7. [+9, -0] All we can tell him now is that it isn't his fault, don't blame yourself... find strength. I hope he knows that we mean it.

8. [+8, -0] Telling him that it's not his fault might put more pressure on him. I don't think it's the right way to console him. Because he might interpret it differently, like "yeah, it is your fault"... In the case of someone who took their own life, there is no one to blame or take responsibility for.

-


Source: Nate

1. [+708, -24] Onew... I hope he holds on to himself.... please don't leave us, not you too...

2. [+642, -11] Please don't blame yourself, don't let yourself crumble, think of the members, your family, your fans, and find strength...

3. [+491, -28] Please stay alive... please make it through... it's all we ask

4. [+88, -4] Onew must be blaming himself so much right now. Not only did he fail as a leader but he caused a scandal and put his group at risk. Just don't blame yourself. Jonghyun gave up his life because of a disease of the heart, it had nothing to do with the team.

5. [+80, -2] I'm not an Onew fan, just someone who was slightly disappointed with him over his scandal... and I hope that he doesn't do anything drastic. He's probably blaming himself on the inside but it's not his fault. I hope he focuses on himself after seeing Jonghyun off. No one wants you to die, Onew. It might seem like everyone hates you and you won't be accepted by society again but once time passes and you forgive yourself, the public will change with you. Yes, your scandal will be something you must carry with you for the rest of your life but it's just something you must accept and instead live life as hard as you can. I'm sure there will come a day where you realize you were glad to have lived so hard.

6. [+70, -2] This is not Onew's fault at all. Jonghyun had shown signs of depression early on... it had nothing to do with SHINee and SHINee's popularity.

7. [+67, -2] Onew and Taemin looked so out of it... I hope people are staying with the members for now..

8. [+55, -5] Jinki-ya, the scandal you caused is completely separate from this. Don't blame yourself for Jonghyun. Don't think anything drastic. Just reflect over your mistake and take responsibility for what you did wrong. Remember, Jonghyun is not your fault. Don't let it take you down... You were my bias and I was really disappointed over your scandal and I'm still mad over it but please, none of this is your fault ㅠㅠ

9. [+50, -0] Not a SHINee fan but I was most worried for Onew after hearing about the news. Onew-ya, it's not your fault so don't think anything drastic and depend on the other members for support. Find strength and live for Jonghyun's life too. It's what he probably wanted.

10. [+40, -0] Onew really is the one that we're most worried about. Please live your life as hard as you can for Jonghyun...

-