Seolhyun opens up about self acceptance with her tan skin and weight


Article: Seolhyun "People like me for my dark skin and healthiness"

Source: Sports Today via Nate

"In the past, people had this bias that all women needed to be white and thin. People always told me to lose weight and wear make up so I tried to listen. In the end, I realized that people liked me for who I am, dark skin and healthy me and all."

1. [+954, -207] Words of truth: "A woman with white skin has already won half the battle."

2. [+874, -181] But you have to admit that if men were asked to choose between the same features but one with white skin and one with tanned skin, they'd choose white skin ㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+734, -220] She looks super white in pictures with lighting but she's practically black when you see her on TV ㅋㅋ

4. [+89, -4] I think it's better that her make up matches her skin tone naturally than trying to make it look white. She looks a lot more toned and healthy.

5. [+78, -16] I like a pearl white beauty myself but with a body like Seolhyun's, what does skin tone matter ㅋㅋ

6. [+61, -10] I don't know why the comments are so cruel when she's not even that dark ㅋㅋㅋ I'm a woman and I think she's pretty. Great body, pretty face, tall height. Unless you're a natural cool tone white skin, I think she looks better than celebrities who try to cover their yellow skin with white make up

7. [+53, -5] What Seolhyun's trying to say is that people love her for who she is... so sick of people trying to bait each other into skin color war

8. [+41, -14] Man I really find her pretty, no idea why she's always getting hate...

9. [+30, -7] ㅋㅋㅋ If you go out on the streets, 80% of the faces you see are either yellow or tanned skin or have bad skin in general... and barely any of them have a body as great as Seolhyun's... I don't know why people are always trying to drag Seolhyun down for her skin tone when she's amazing at everything else.

10. [+27, -16] Guys, you're being really racist against black skin tones

11. [+24, -8] I don't think skin tone matters if you have pretty features and clear skin. Any skin tone would look great under those conditions.

12. [+23, -11] I don't get why people praise Lee Hyori for her tanned skin but bring Seolhyun down for it

-