Lee Hi sheds tears over the length of her hiatus


Article: 'Party People' Lee Hi, "Yang Hyun Suk adores me but.." tears up over hiatus

Source: Newsen via Nate

When asked to name what has been the hardest for her, she said, "Not being able to do something to my heart's content. I want to sing so badly, I want to sing in front of my fans, but it's not something I can freely do. I went from an audition show to an agency, and I was able to put out an album fast because my CEO adored me. Afterwards, I thought I lacked in areas and needed more practice but I didn't think it would take this long. Once I saw my teens passing and now that I'm in my twenties, I'm beginning to wonder when I'll be able to sing again. ... I really don't cry a lot, I actually hate crying, but..."

1. [+1,156, -63] Anyone in 'K-Pop Star' who chooses YG is choosing to let their talent rot. You have to go to Antenna. Antenna gives you the freedom to write your own songs and do what you want. I wish if Lee Hi had the opportunity, she'd move to Antenna too.

2. [+1,143, -39] Sometimes I forget that Lee Hi is under YG. Please put out an album... Imagine how hard it is for her right now that she's crying on TV like this.

3. [+761, -44] 'Breathe' is such a good song..

4. [+83, -0] Seems all of YG's artists have some issue or another with their promos ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Lee Hi isn't the only one, that's for sure ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+67, -6] Lee Hi's suffering like this so imagine how much more Park Jimin is suffering under JYP when she won the show, tsk

6. [+62, -6] YG looks flashy on the outside but Antenna's the real agency that'll take care of you. They truly respect their artists as people. Mystic too.

7. [+48, -3] So what do YG artists do every day when they're left to just rot away? ㅋㅋ Where do they go to do some work?

8. [+45, -3] YG views their stars as products, Antenna views their stars as musicians

9. [+43, -4] YG's hiatuses are just too long. I'd be pissed if I was a fan.

10. [+37, -3] It's obviously because she doesn't make YG enough money. Look at GD... Yang Hyun Suk's always grilling him to put out more albums but GD's the one postponing them.

-