Yoo Se Yoon apologizes for inappropriate word choice at SM concert



Article: Yoo Se Yoon reps, "We apologize for the statement using ablelist language... a mistake in the process of adlib"

Source: TV Report via Naver

1. [+2,548, -188] I wouldn't call it ableist language but just a swear controversy

2. [+2,385, -394] It wasn't right for him to say that but I also think the media is making a way bigger deal of it than it is worth...

3. [+1,337, -156] I remember reading another comment where GD should be controversial too for having the lyrics "My friends are calling me retarded" ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+1,396, -226] I understand he should've been careful given there were kids in the audience and all but I think this is an overreaction

5. [+1,550, -340] It's a word that all of us use in our daily speech. I get that he should've been careful in front of an audience of all ages but the media is making this too big of a deal than it is.

6. [+160, -35] He didn't just use the word "retarded", he said it in a way that clearly referred to disabled people by describing an arm movement with it

7. [+115, -21] I heard the concert had a separate disabled seating area so there were obviously people there, he shouldn't have used that word

8. [+85, -11] Celebrities have every right to use whatever language they want in the privacy of their conversations but you shouldn't be speaking like that on a public stage... some celebrities are too dumb to realize that

9. [+120, -25] All of you defending him don't seem to realize that the concert had a separate seating area for the disabled. He was clearly being disrespectful by using that kind of language ㅋㅋ just because you aren't disabled doesn't mean it isn't a big deal

10. [+138, -32] I attended this concert with my disabled friend. She was in a wheelchair and we had a fun time until he said that and I couldn't help but notice that my friend felt uncomfortable about it even though she didn't say anything. The concert was fine without having to use such language to be funny. He should be more careful with his choice of words in the future.

-

Article: Yoo Se Yoon "I didn't realize that the word was considered ablelist"

Source: Nate

1. [+153, -21] Well G-Dragon has lyrics where he says "My friends are calling me retarded", why isn't he apologizing?

2. [+106, -29] If this is ableist language, then every person in Korea should be penalized for using it ㅋㅋㅋㅋ when did people start to find a fault with everything...

3. [+79, -12] I'd call it more of a slang than an ableist word, no?

4. [+12, -4] This isn't a big deal but people are making such a fuss ㅋㅋ

5. [+10, -3] I'm not all that fond of him but I feel like people are witch hunting him for nothing with this one

-