Lee Hyori reveals why she stopped blogging


Article: Lee Hyori "The reason I stopped blogging? I read comments saying people felt 'ashamed'"

Source: Sports Donga via Nate

"I first started my blog for people with busy lives to see a slower lifestyle in nature and feel healed by it. Instead, I read comments from a lot of people who felt ashamed by the comparison to their own lives. I realized that I may be coming off like I was showing off and realized that I may be staging or faking my life."

-

1. [+653, -31] I understand the average person being jealous of her life because her lifestyle isn't one that's possible for most but this is Lee Hyori we're talking about... while I spent my twenties hanging out with friends and watching dramas, Lee Hyori was an icon who built herself up with her own talent and value and fought her way to the top in a cut throat industry. Her current lifestyle of 'healing' is compensation for all her hard work. I don't feel ashamed at all that I don't get to live like her.. if anything, it makes me support her more knowing the work it took to get there.

2. [+537, -28] If you feel ashamed and jealous, just close out of her blog or don't visit it at all.. I don't know what you expect her to do about it when you're the one going to visit her blog and feeling bad about it

3. [+504, -18] She started her blog to help others and eventually closed it to help others...

4. [+30, -1] Some people are just full of so much anger... too much people who find a problem with everything

5. [+25, -7] I'll never understand people who look at other people's SNS and feel ashamed or jealous. I don't care how many prettier or skinnier girls I see who go on vacation all the time wearing luxury goods in import cars... I realize that they're living a different life from mine and move on. Why should that make you feel depressed or lose self esteem?

6. [+23, -1] How do people who find a problem with everything live day to day lives? How do they go out on the streets and not feel jealous over a passing sports car or a building? What idiots ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

7. [+23, -2] How weak do you have to be to not even be able to read a blog without feeling bad about yourself

8. [+21, -3] Lee Hyori grew up super poor. She worked hard for the money she earned, why would anyone feel angry or jealous over that?

9. [+17, -1] Her blog didn't even have anything show offish. Just some pictures of cats, dogs, and DIY stuff she made..

10. [+17, -8] I think that men and women handle it differently. When men see other people going on foreign vacations or driving import cars, they're just like "cool, I want that too" but women take it so personally and feel all ashamed and jealous over other people being happier than them;;

11. [+16, -2] I like her mindset compared to rappers like Dok2 or G-Dragon who are so desperate to show off all their riches

12. [+13, -1] Celebrities only live flashy lives on the outside, it's not a life that any of us should feel jealous over... they all suffer from hundreds of hate comments and panic disorders

-