Sojin reflects on the shock of Girl's Day's debut concept


Article: Girl's Day, "We signed our contracts thinking we'd have a concept like 2NE1's"

Source: OSEN via Nate

While talking about the shock of their debut track, Sojin said, "I signed the contract thinking we'd debut like 2NE1, a girl crush type concept. I was really sad when I had to wear the outfits we ended up wearing."

-

1. [+342, -11] Well it's true, 2NE1 was considered the top back then

2. [+341, -18] I also remember a lot of Girl's Day outfits being put on the chopping block for being really revealing. Yura even had half her butt hanging out in one of their music videos;; their outfits were worse than anything scandalous AOA wears nowadays.

3. [+254, -7] I remember they also had their infamous 'diaper' fashion ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+25, -3] It's true, 2NE1 was pretty sensational when they debuted in 2009. It was right when everyone was getting tired of all the pretty, cute, or sexy girl group concepts until bam, 2NE1 debuts with their girl crush concept and scoots straight to winning daesang on top of #1 for five weeks. SNSD was nothing compared to 2NE1 back then ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+22, -3] I don't think any girl group has managed to pull off a girl crush concept as well as 2NE1 yet ㅋㅋ their debut stage is still shocking to me

6. [+22, -0] ㅋㅋㅋ I do remember a ton of new girl group debuts trying to copy 2NE1's style ㅋㅋ they all flopped except for 4minute..

7. [+21, -1] 2NE1's concept really was something that even the bigger companies weren't willing to risk back then...

8. [+18, -2] Girl's Day actually has done a lot of different concepts though from innocent to emotional to cute to four dimensional.. even a beggar concept. It was the sexy concept that blew them up in the end though.

9. [+10, -1] Their debut clothes and hair styles were pretty 2NE1-like though...

10. [+3, -1] I still remember Girl's Day's debut ㅋㅋ there was so much hype because they did flash mobs before and people were looking forward to what their debut would turn out like and then they came out with 'Tilt My Head' ㅋ the article titles were like "Girl's Day debuts with tilt my head, the public also tilts head in confusion" ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

-