[Instiz] K-Pop to be included as part of the 2018 Pyeongchang Olympics ceremony


Instiz: K-Pop confirmed for the Pyeongchang Olympics

"Ah please... I was hoping they wouldn't but now it's a reality"

"Please don't let it happen ㅠㅠㅠ"

"Come on, show off our traditional hanbok and our fan dances instead..."

"Nobody even in Korea cares about K-Pop unless you're a teen..."

"I honestly hope my bias group won't be a part of it"

"The peak of Hallyu is long over... come on"

"Idols are ignored even in Korea unless you're in your teens or twenties... why would you put idols in an international event like this? It's going to be an embarrassment... I like idols myself but there's a time and place for them."

"It'd be better to just go with traditional performances"

"I'm pretty sure foreigners would rather see traditional Korean dances. Everyone can already see idol performances on YouTube. Why are they supposed to represent our country?"

"I'm already so embarrassed... do people really not get why this is embarrassing? It doesn't even matter how popular K-Pop is around the world, how do you think the rest of the world will view our pop culture by seeing these idols? All of these idols have shotacon, lolita-esque concepts with submissive sexy looks and school girl outfits. 95% of the songs are about love. Do you honestly think parading that around the olympics is going to be good for our country's image? Especially as an opening for the olympics? Please tell me you're kidding."

"There are so many other traditional performances you can put on other than K-Pop..."

"Show something that is unique Korean, that all generations can enjoy... It's an international event, come on..."

"I don't think it's right to be so embarrassed of K-Pop. K-Pop is still a part of Korean culture and there are a lot of foreigners who started taking an interest in our country and our language through K-Pop. Other countries who have hosted the olympics have had performances from one or two of their own pop singers. It's not a rule that only traditional things like fan dances are allowed. I don't know which idol will be performing but I think it'd be nice to have a combination of both traditional and pop culture."

"I love K-Pop too but it has no place in the olympics. The Olympics is a time to show our traditional culture."

-