Actress Kim Min Jung + more speak out against sponsors on SNS


Article: Kim Min Jung shares respectable statement on issue of sponsors covered by TV show

Source: TV Report via Nate

On Instagram, "I hope that today's broadcast did not negatively affect all of the actors who continue to pour their sweat and passion out in each step they take towards achieving their dreams. I'd like to thank the TV show producers for covering what is actually happening right now. What hurt me the most was the story of the young girl who gave up her dreams because of these sponsor offers. What's bad is bad. This is a dream that can be achieved with your sweat, your tears, your hard work! Please don't think that this dream can be bought with money. I sincerely hope that this episode made so many of those who are responsible for this unfortunate situation look back and reflect on what they're doing.."

-

1. [+1,225, -18] For her to publicly say something like this makes me believe in the show more... I don't know how many there are out there but I bet all of the celebrities who've taken sponsors are shivering in fear right now...

2. [+1,098, -33] She's probably the most legendary out of all the child actresses. Her beauty remains unchanged. Such a classy type of beauty~

3. [+937, -21] She's basically saying that she's never had a sponsor

4. [+104, -3] She's a natural, talented beauty but is rarely in any works and is already 35 years old now... it's because of all the actresses taking up roles with their sponsors that there's no room for people like her!

5. [+87, -8] Usually child actresses like Kim Min Jung or Moon Geun Young don't have sponsors. It's the poor, powerless trainees or girl group trainees that get involved with sponsors. There's no reason for child actresses to because they already made so much money and already got so popular at a young age

6. [+85, -5] All those women who get lead roles without a hit drama to their name. All those women who you see all over the media? 100% sponsored

7. [+78, -7] For her to step forward and say something like this, it sounds like she's had a role stolen by a sponsored star ㅋㅋㅋ

8. [+53, -2] If you're clean and have nothing to hide, of course you can come out and say all this stuff.. but I bet there are more who are shaking in fear right now.

-

Source: Naver

1. [+8,118, -175] I remember hearing a long time ago that she's known for not taking sponsors. I figured it must be true because she barely gets any roles for how pretty she is. She's been pretty ever since her days as a child actress, barely got any work done too... Probably had all her roles taken away by sponsored women.

2. [+5,795, -75] What's bad is bad... probably one of the truest statements I've heard in the past couple of years

3. [+4,295, -68] What a sad world we live in. It's unfortunate for adults to be involved with sponsors but I can't stand that young teens are being abused in all of this. Adults should be the one looking out for them, making sure they're safe! I support Kim Min Jung's statement.

4. [+3,917, -458] The sponsors are bad but I think the celebrities are just as responsible for taking those offers. It's only until everyone rejects such offers that sponsors go away for good. Obviously it's still around because people are willing to take the offers.

5. [+1,388, -15] Words that can only be spoken by the truly innocent ㅋㅋㅋ

6. [+1,089, -11] I always did think it was weird... rookies who get cast in movies or dramas who can't even act, who get articles featured on the main page for something random they did on TV... and on the contrary, you have so many talented, beautiful people who you never hear about or see on TV..

7. [+1,058, -5] She sure took a jab at many celebrities tonight I'm sure ㅋㅋㅋ

-


Article: Celebrity trainee A-ssi, "Every time I have to go up to the hotel..." breaks down in tears

Source: Newsen via Nate

"Dealing with sponsors was a way of life for me. There were so many people willing to buy you with money. I rejected it at first because I felt hurt by it but the offers just kept coming. I didn't realize how far it would go back then. They'd specifically tell me that they'd get me an apartment in my name and that they'll give me a set amount of money each month and how many times a week they'll visit the apartment. It was then that I found out that all of it was done through a contract. They asked me up to how old I was willing to service, and if I'd be okay with people old enough to be my father, my grandfather. They said that I had to send them my naked pictures because it would make me more likely to get picked."

1. [+1,341, -105] Why is she crying when she willingly gave them her body for such a huge amount of cash? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I'd feel bad for her if she didn't get anything in return but she got everything she wanted

2. [+1,211, -47] She chose this herself, she's just as bad as the sponsors...

3. [+1,144, -58] Didn't she accept the sponsors to go down the easy path? Why is she crying about it now?

4. [+76, -0] The rest of us have to work so hard just to be able to afford an officetel...

5. [+59, -2] What an idiot, she's the one who accepted the sponsor and now she's cosplaying as the victim??? There are actual artists out there who perform in the streets and go to auditions to achieve their dreams, what does that make them?

-


Article: More celebrities express angry sentiments about sponsor coverage

Source: Mydaily via Naver

1. [+3,363, -88] The stars who go from being nameless to popular need to be suspected ㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+3,238, -52] The industry gets dirtier and dirtier the more you know..

3. [+2,335, -262] This is funny ㅋㅋ the majority of them have sponsors anyway, who are they to be picking sides? Even Sung Hyuna sells herself for 50 million won

-


Article: Park Ha Sun, "I feel upset that a minority are making the majority get misunderstood"

Source: X Sports News via Nate

1. [+591, -6] I feel like a lot more female celebrities are going to come forward with their own opinions and I bet a lot of them will have sponsors but act like they're clean

2. [+480, -39] Even if the majority gets misunderstood, it's reality, isn't it? You're a part of that same industry

3. [+350, -12] I honestly think top name celebrities should get together and reveal everything. Claiming that it's only a minority is just giving them another hole to escape through. This issue is too big to be just considered a part of the minority... I seriously hate it when people try to play down something that's clearly an issue by saying the majority isn't like that.

-