Singer Yozoh says being in a relationship is difficult without money


Article: Yozoh, "Dating a boyfriend without money... it's only romantic the first couple times"

Source: Herald Econ via Naver

At a radio show, a listener called in saying he was running into some trouble with his girlfriend on their dates because he didn't have money, to which Yozoh said, "My ex-boyfriend in the past came from a difficult family background so I have experience with that kind of relationship. I had to get used to looking up cheap restaurants and drinking instant coffee on our dates and I was honestly upset at the change. I think it's only romantic the first couple times and it made me sigh after that."

-

1. [+4,101, -91] Well she's not wrong because going on dates without money is practically impossible and it's not like you can just hang out at home all the time too. Sometimes you want to have a chat at a cafe but that costs $10 in coffee costs itself. When you're in a relationship, you want to go eat, go to the movies, visit fun places... how can you do that with no money? Being in a relationship without money is only possible in dramas

2. [+2,446, -139] They say that money isn't everything, but in reality, I feel that money is everything... but if you do love someone, I feel like the person would be more important than their money

3. [+1,574, -110] I know that she's speaking realistically but it doesn't sound realistic

4. [+1,237, -348] This society that judges people based on their wealth seriously worries me

5. [+522, -23] I used to date a man who came from difficult family situations who had to spend all of the money he earned on his family and I found that he himself not having money wasn't the problem. If I want to eat something, I can buy it with my own money, etc... what ended up being the problem was the environment he was raised in. Being under such financial pressure all the time constantly caused him to be under stress and he would take that out on me. We would talk about breaking up constantly because of it ㅋㅋ

6. [+377, -14] A relationship without money usually sucks the happiness out of it... You don't have to be super rich but being super poor is just... ㅠ Please just realize reality

7. [+363, -13] There's a reason parents object to some marriages... marriage isn't romance but reality. Once love is stripped and you see your partner for who they really are without any money or skills, you'll understand why your parents were against them.. ㅋㅋ

8. [+315, -8] Adults keep saying that being in a relationship is possible when you're a student but times have changed. People are no longer satisfied drinking instant coffee together. It's hard to be in a relationship if you don't have money, there's no romance involved in it at all... you can't ignore the expenses that go into a date. Eating out, buying presents, finding fun places to go, going on anniversary trips, motel fees, just stepping out of the house to see each other costs money. I've realized a long time ago that if you're poor, there's a very little chance that you'll be in a relationship ㅜㅜ

9. [+300, -7] I feel like in Korea, a man without money and a woman without beauty are looked down on a lot

10. [+272, -7] You honestly can't be in a relationship without money... it's not the money itself that's the problem but the fact that money changes people... When you go on dates, you obviously want to eat nice food and do fun things but if you're not able to, you just feel pathetic and start to question your love..

-