Koreans continue to stress over the pressure of resumes requiring pictures






Article: Foreign countries don't have this... 'Korean resumes' requiring applicant photos

Source: SBS via Naver

1. [+9,492, -251] It was made a law three years ago that resumes aren't allowed to ask for pictures or other physical traits but it's being ignored.

2. [+7,454, -447] It's because the old farts want to pick young, pretty kids so they demand that pictures be a requirement

3. [+5,940, -199] I still don't get why my private life is of interest to them?

4. [+5,301, -256] I want them to stop asking useless questions about my life. I want to be judged purely for my skills related to the job.

5. [+4,949, -168] A looks-oriented society...

6. [+1,192, -31] Yeah, I don't understand why a potential job should know my height, weight, blood type, my parent's education, name, and social security numbers... are they going to give me a blood transfusion if I need it?

7. [+1,135, -24] I can put up with having to put my picture on resumes but why do they need to know my parent's jobs and their wealth??

8. [+847, -27] Give me back my resume if you're going to reject me!! It costs a lot to print out my photos, I want to recycle them!

9. [+696, -18] I can understand to a certain extent needing photos for service related jobs... but I will never get why jobs want to know my parent's jobs..

10. [+660, -28] They ask for your parent's jobs so that they can accept your application if your dad is some high position job

11. [+398, -20] America has a Title IX law where you're not allowed to ask for race, age, sex, etc in an interview and you can file a lawsuit if you do get asked these things. Resumes are only about your experience and the reason you're applying for the job. For extra stuff, they care more about professional recommendations and related networks in your field of work. Basically, your personal skills and network are more important..

12. [+392, -24] There's no other country more looks obsessed than Korea. Even in the service industry, your looks don't correlate with how well you serve someone but they're still the strictest when it comes to looks.

13. [+339, -23] I hate putting my picture on resumes

14. [+315, -13] A result of a looks obsessed society

15. [+298, -17] Job interviews should be like Voice Korea, interview people with their backs turned to them

-