Park Min Young talks about dealing with people saying she got uglier



Article: Park Min Young "Hateful comments asking whether I got plastic surgery to look uglier during my 2 year hiatus"

Source:
Star Today via Nate

"I really let myself go for my character and didn't care about how I looked since my character was someone who lived a busy and rough life. I laughed when I started reading comments saying, 'I thought she was pretty but her beauty dropped', 'I never knew she was this ugly', or 'Did she get plastic surgery to look uglier?' From the perspective of an actress, it's both laughable and upsetting but once I let myself go without worrying about camera angles and whatnot, I found a sense of freedom within my acting..."

1. [+788, -47] Honestly, Park Min Young's dramas either do average or above average. Her acting's not on the bad end either. I wish she'd gain more self esteem and stop fixing up her face. She began looking unnatural with 'Sungkyunkwan Scandal' and now her face is just melting down.

2. [+518, -23] She's getting older... naturally, your beauty won't be what it was when you were younger. People should stop expecting it to.

3. [+505, -82] She got famous for her plastic surgery but it's also ruining her now too.

4. [+36, -19] I love her and enjoyed her in 'Sungkyunkwan' and 'City Hunter'. Looking forward to her other dramas.

5. [+32, -11] Normally kids who got a lot of work done when they were younger start to show the negative effects as they grow older and get uglier... Like Yoo In Na..

6. [+32, -3] She was the prettiest during 'High Kick'

7. [+32, -22] I think it's true that she got uglier though;;;

8. [+21, -2] She's 30 now, you can't expect her to always look like she did in her twenties

-