Jessi talks about the 'unpretty' in 'Unpretty Rap Star'


Article: [Jessi Interview] "There are still kids who try to look pretty on 'Unpretty'"

Source:
Ilgan Sports via Naver


Q: "Why is the show called Unpretty when there is no one who is ugly?"

I thought it was because we were considered ugly at first too but the title isn't meant that way but rather meant to describe girls who don't act pretty, although there are still kids who act pretty. Haha."

Q. "Is the hard exterior you see on TV the real you?"

It's me. I'm intimidating when it comes to my gaze and stuff. I'm human too, you can't always expect me to be happy. I still have a cute and sensitive side to me, though. I'm an honest person. Everyone on TV acts fake but I want to show who I really am as is.

Q. "You're known for being intimidating on the show, wouldn't that bring more antis?"

I was worried too about how my image would be perceived by others but this is a hip hop program. I wanted to show people who I honestly am. I never acted fake, although Mnet's editing might have something to do with it too. I'm sure the more you watch of the show, the more you'll see that I'm not just an intimidating unni. I'm nice when I can be.

-

1. [+3,699, -61] I find it so cute how Kisum is so scared of Jessi ㅠㅠ ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+2,098, -33] ㅋㅋㅋ Is she talking about Lil Cham? ㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+1,728, -158] I like Jessi ㅋㅋ Her charisma is *thumbs up*

4. [+1,573, -74] All you need to be good at is rapping ㅋㅋㅋ Jessi's so intimidating

5. [+258, -20] One thing's for sure, the show would've been over without Jessi

6. [+235, -4] Even Zico looked intimidated by her ㅋㅋ

7. [+242, -12] I feel like even the most tryhardest of iljins would be intimidated by Jessi.. her force is crazy.. even Yook Jidam looked scared

8. [+229, -18] Jessi's scary but I like that she's talented and honest, doesn't seem like the type to talk behind your back

9. [+233, -26] I hated Jessi at first but I'm liking her more and more ㅋㅋ she's not like Tymee who acts all tough up front but talks behind your back, Jessi's more direct with you ㅋㅋㅋ I seriously hate Tymee and Lil Cham

10. [+156, -4] Lil Cham's not a rapper

-