Jo Kwon talks about dealing with hate for his role in 'Priscilla'


Article: Jo Kwon "High heels + Corset... I'll get hateful comments again"

Source:
Newsen via Nate

"There will be people leaving hateful comments when this scene is broadcast. Please don't speak before you see my performance. When I first picked up this role, people said things like, 'What's that?', 'That's going too far, it's weird', and 'How is he going to do that in high heels'... But I want people to start saying instead, 'He's able to pull it off because he's Jo Kwon. Only Jo Kwon could pull this off'. Whatever image I am, it doesn't matter when you do well and touch hearts because people will praise you in return. I think that's why I challenge myself."

1. [+479, -32] People call Hong Suk Chun a cool gay hyung but the minute they see Jo Kwon crossdress for the purpose of acting, they hate on him calling him a gay bastard. The class of netizens.

2. [+409, -18] Anyone who dares to hate on someone who works hard at whatever they're doing needs to reflect

3. [+359, -18] I like Jo Kwon because he always looks like he's working hard

4. [+13, -2] Before hating on someone who works hard, how about you worry about yourselves!!! Jo Kwon fighting

5. [+10, -1] I like Jo Kwon.. he always works hard and you can tell he's a nice person inside out. He's got good variety sense too.

6. [+8, -0] The hateful comments may hurt him but I like that he's worked for so long to achieve all that he has and still continues to challenge himself even knowing that he'll get hate for it. I truly wish him the best.

7. [+6, -2] Don't leave hateful comments

8. [+5, -0] I used to see him often as Kkap Kwon on variety shows, sad that he's not on as often...

-