[Pann] 'Self plastic surgery tools' for children



Reporter: "Do you have friends who purchase these beauty tools to try to change their faces?"

"Since parents won't allow plastic surgery, kids will do it themselves (with these tools)."

Reporter: "What do you think is necessary to become prettier?"

"Lots of plastic surgery."

"A lot of effort is put into (becoming prettier) to get a boyfriend."



"Where are these things sold? Where can they be bought?"

"I have a negative opinion on them. They don't look like they'd work either."

"A result of our society being centered on looks"

"Is it a beauty tool or a medical tool?"

Seller of 'self plastic surgery tools': "They're not medical tools."

"If they're not medical, do they give the effect of plastic surgery?"

"A grown adult using it wouldn't see results."

"It doesn't matter if elementary school students use them then?"

"It would be okay for them to use it."

(Daughter asks mom to buy her one) "Mom, buy me this"

"Why are you asking for this?"

"It's not like your friends saw 100% results. You're asking me to buy it out of curiosity."

"Since I'll get in trouble if I get in caught, I buy them secretly with saved allowance money."

"I'm worried over such young kids using these tools at an age where they're not fully developed yet."


"Continued use of these 'self plastic surgery tools' can impact the growth of their bones or cartilage"

"as well as hinder normal development. There is also the danger of it causing developmental defects on areas of use like their jaw."

-

Pann: Popular self plastic surgery tools with children

"I'm 20 years old and I have that nose clipper still. I have not given up yet."

"Kids, plastic surgery is remodeling your face, not simply reconstructing a part. No matter how much you use these tools, your nose will not get taller, your eyes will not get double eyelids, and your jaw will not get slimmer. Just learn to love yourself."

"This is not the fault of these children but us adults for creating a world like this."

"Our country is hopeless with plastic surgery."

"That double eyelid making tool looks hilarious ㅋㅋㅋ"

"I know a nuna who used double eyelid glue since elementary school... and she formed double eyelids around age 20~21."

"Hul... this is more severe than I thought. They're mere elementary school students."

"Already came out on the news that those tools don't work. The V-line maker was popular on 1N2D too but I highly doubt the human bone is malleable enough to be changed by plastic tools such as those."

-