Niel gets flamed for calling his mother by her first name


Article: TEEN TOP Niel "I've called my mother by her first name since I was young"

Source: Newsen via Nate

When asked why he calls his mother by her first name, So Young or shortened to Young, he replied, "I started when I entered junior high school. There were a lot of friends who did so, like one who called his mom 'Mrs. Kim'. I naturally called my mother 'Young'."

1. [+181, -23] I had to change the channel because I was embarrassed for him. This is an issue of respect! What kind of brainless fool calls his mother So Young or Young? At least add -ssi at the end or call her Mrs. Kim.

2. [+166, -24] Is he really proud of this, especially on TV? How did his parents raise him... that is appalling.

3. [+127, -25] His mom seems immature ㅋㅋ

4. [+25, -1] I have friends who call their moms Mrs. Lee or Mrs. Jung but never their first names...

5. [+20, -2] I was so shocked to hear this ㅋㅋㅋ Since it's his family and none of my business since they're okay with it but why would anyone call their mother by her first name ㅋㅋㅋ And why is the mother even putting up with that? ㅋㅋㅋ I went and called my mother 'Miyeon-ah!' after seeing this and got sweared at ㅎㅎ

-

Source: Naver

1. [+1,272, -100] Honestly... it doesn't matter how close they are, this is an issue of respect...

2. [+1,062, -68] To all of the people who think this is normal, can you explain why... I'm really curious.

3. [+799, -76] Is he actually talking about this on TV as if he's proud of it? What is he teaching the younger kids?

4. [+733, -137] To have started in junoir high, that's actually ballsy~

5. [+548, -56] I mean, think about it... does it make any sense to call your mother by her first name;;

6. [+155, -6] She's someone who gave birth to and raised you. To call her 'mother' is a sign of respect. You, Niel, do not get to choose what you call her.

7. [+158, -16] All of you stupid fangirls, let's say that what you're shielding him with makes any sense at all. This is family matter so we shouldn't care? Then why is he on public TV? This article is obviously featured on the main page so we're here reading it. Did you not expect him to get hate for calling his mother by her first name? Stop trying to shield blindly and actually read the reasons people are giving. No one here is just sitting here hating on him because they hate TEEN TOP. They're hating because he gave them a reason to ㅡㅡ

8. [+139, -8] Even if not mother, at least 'mom' should be used as a minimum sign of respect.

-