Anchorwoman Jung In Young makes a racist statement


Article: KBS anchorwoman Jung In Young clarifies 'kkamdungi' statement "I'm honestly upset"

Source: TV Report via Naver

She originally posted on Facebook, "Hope you all spend your Lunar break healthily and happily! I'm in Arizona becoming a kkamdungi."

'kkamdungi' is like a derogatory and slangish term for black skin/person with black skin.

To clarify, she wrote, "I found out that my statement was controversial because of all of the people worrying for me. I'm quite upset at this but realize that I was not cautious enough. From this point forward, I'll use Facebook to write only facts and/or promotions related to my broadcast. I thought Facebook would be more comfortable than Twitter but I guessthey're the same. Unless you are someone I personally know, I'll be unfriending people starting today. I hope you are understanding of my decision. I am also regretful that I caused such a controversy on the Lunar day. Please receive a lot of luck in the New Year and be happy."

-

1. [+4,459, -333] Why is this controversial? Do journalists have nothing better to do?

2. [+3,516, -150] SNS is a waste of your life

3. [+2,696, -306] The enemy of women are women ㅎㅎ

4. [+2,263, -123] Yup, gotta stay off SNS... tsk

5. [+1,938, -121] Please don't do SNS, nuna...

6. [+849, -215] Should've just said sorry and let it go. Nobody launched a witch hunt against her or anything but she puts up this entire post overreacting about everything like she didn't do anything wrong.

7. [+780, -160] Forget the kkamdungi part, what is up with that apology? That wasn't even a proper apology. What's she talking about unfriending people for? No one cares who you cut contact with so stop acting like the victim here.

8. [+635, -59] Both the apology and the fact that this is controversial are overreactions...;;;

-