Miyazaki Hayao announces retirement


Article: Miyazaki Hayao's sudden announcement of retirement... Japan in shock

Source: TV Daily via Nate

1. [+894, -14] Unfortunate. I'm still glad that he gave us so many great films to cherish. I'll never be able to forget his films no matter how old I grow.

2. [+873, -25] Howl's Moving Castle will stay forever with me in my heart ㅠ I'm 20 years old now and I still can't forget that moment when I was in my 4th year of elementary school that I first saw it... I have all of the lines memorized.

3. [+648, -17] So, so unfortunate... It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that I spent my entire childhood with his films... Thank you for giving us many memories to cherish~ You are the best.

4. [+53, -0] If Hollywood has James Cameron and Steven Spielberg, the animation industry has Miyazaki Hayao

5. [+51, -5] Kiki's Delivery Service, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, My Neighbor Totoro, Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle.. I'm sure everyone has seen at least one of those movies.

6. [+34, -0] The combination of Miyazaki Hayao + Hisaishi Joe is truly the best... perfect scenario + perfect music

7. [+34, -1] Regardless of Korean and Japanese relations, I cannot believe the godfather of animation is retiring... I'm such a fan..ㅠㅠ

8. [+30, -1] No matter how old I get, even now as an adult, every single one of his films has touched my heart in some way and still remain with me today. If any of you are hesitant to watch his work because he's Japanese, please take your bias away for a second and give his films a try. They will warm your heart through and through... and make you reflect on the precious things in life.

-