INFINITE wins #1 on Inkigayo


Article: INFINITE wins Inkigayo #1 just a week after comeback, too shocked to say award speech

Source: Newsen via Nate

1. [+392, -190] I know this goes the same for other groups, but INFINITE is really a group that slowly worked their way up... And the members all seem hard working.. They just need to continue like this! Haeng Shyo to INFINITE!

2. [+390, -215] Out of the three teams, it's true that they're behind on digital points because they released their song the latest, and it's also true that their fans' power is factored into it but INFINITE songs have always exceeded expectations. Their songs aren't idol-ish. I've always been a Park Hyo Shin fan and this is my first time liking an idol group but I don't regret the decision at all. I'm glad that they aren't getting cocky over their win and are always humble with their attitude and music. I hope they continue to grow.

3. [+386, -218] Honestly, INFINITE's song is good. I like 'Uncomfortable Truth' more than the title track ㅋㅋㅋ Their live has improved and Lee Sung Yeol and Lee Sung Jong work hard, as well as Woohyun's vocal skills improving.. Overall, they improved a lot. INFINITE is one of the idols I support so I'm happy they're doing great.

4. [+126, -53] An idol group will get hate no matter what if they win #1. INFINITE looked really surprised when they won~ I like INIFNITE as well as their song ㅎㅎ They're ranked in the top 10 on Melon so stop calling them nobodies~~~

5. [+102, -33] I'm a guy but I think L is seriously handsome. Seriously drives me crazy with his looks.

6. [+90, -17] Buybacks or not, idols aren't the only ones that live off of their fans. If you guys wanted Davichi to win so bad, you can buy their albums and their digital songs and cast mobile votes for them too. Do you think idols just sit there doing nothing and get all this popularity and fans? They have crazy schedules where they can't eat, sleep, or go home, instead running around here and there to promote themselves to stay alive day by day in an industry where dozens of new teams are debuting by the hour. You guys only think of the glamorous outer appearance of these idols but realize that they don't live and work this hard to deserve this type of treatment from you.

-

Article: 'Inkigayo' INFINITE wins #1 "This is a shock"

Source:
TV Report via Naver

1. [+1,399, -346] Then what, did anyone expect Girl's Day to win instead ㅋㅋㅋㅋ??

2. [+1,386, -395] The song's great, congrats ㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+1,213, -238] So cute to see them look so shocked after winning ㅋㅋ

4. [+1,090, -322] Kim Yong Ho, are you watching? This is INFINITE

5. [+908, -210] Congrats on the win!!!!

-

Journalist Kim Yong Ho tweeted about INFINITE several times since their comeback which was a controversial issue in the fandom for a couple weeks now. Tweets in order:

"Objectively speaking, is INFINITE even popular with the public right now? (I'm not talking about their hardcore fans, I'm talking about the public."

"(TN: Quotes his article that talks about INFINITE's drop in rankings) <What is the reason INFINITE's new song is losing popularity at an alarming rate? It seems as if INFINITE only has a hardcore fandom and are unable to show their charms to the public. There are also criticisms that producers Sweetune have reached their limit>... Is this article wrong?ㅋ"

"People are showing off about INFINITE's song all killing the digital charts, but how are they going to explain the fact that it's barely ranked #12 on Melon's live chart?

"Their fans are so pathetic ㅋㅋ They think I'm pissed because INFINITE didn't invite me to their press conference ㅋㅋ (I really don't care, I was too busy that day attending to G-Dragon's press conference)"

"Are you guys proud that you won #1 with streaming?"

"(TN: RT'd a few INFINITE Twitter fanbases begging fans to stream the song) <You can keep streaming while you're sleeping if you keep the charger in and put it on repeat! Fightingㅠㅠ!> I didn't know fans were going this far. Please let me know if you know any other streaming and buyback manipulations going on."

"INFINITE fans seem to think that a journalist's only job is to shut up and write whatever PR the company sends them. Seeing as how they're throwing this big of a fat over my criticisms, I can see how they've raised INFINITE all this while."

"Now that I'm finally taking an interest in INFINITE, I see that all of their articles are filled with nothing but exaggerations. They say that they have high popularity overseas, but all of the articles are only written from PRs and cite no proof. Shall we take an objective look then?"

"To all of my junior journalists reading my tweets, until when are you going to live off of writing PR articles? It's time to burst the bubble that is K-Pop!"

"Well, the children of INFINITE have no crime as they are just kids who work hard. It's Woollim Entertainment that's the problem who keep running the kids without plan or destination..."

-