Jackie Chan reveals he was disappointed with a Korean fan who asked for his autograph on a bootleg DVD


Article: Jackie Chan "A Korean fan came up to me asking for an autograph on a bootleg DVD" disappointment

Source:
OSEN via Nate

"When I was in Korea visiting for 'Chinese Zodiac', a Korean fan came up to me and showed me a bootleg DVD, asking for my autograph. I told the fan that it's a bootleg copy and that fan threw the DVD away on the spot.

I don't want my audience members to see bootleg copies. It makes me so sad to see those copies running around. I ask once again that everyone stays away from bootleg copies. I will be including 10 extra minutes of unreleased footage in the original DVD."

1. [+521, -28] and it turns out the DVD was 'Made in China'

2. [+392, -15] Seems like the fan didn't know...

3. [+381, -31] Yeah, it seems like the fan didn't know considering he/she threw it away after finding out. But if he answers like this in interviews and articles go out as is, Koreans are going to be branded as bootleggers to people all over the world. I've never even seen bootleg copies, sigh...

4. [+49, -9] I don't like how he worded this... The Chinese has no right to be complaining about bootlegs when their country is the worst offender. I remember buying an Avril Lavigne album in 2002 in Hong Kong.. I came home and ripped the packaging and the lyrics were all in Chinese ㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+44, -14] A Chinese talking about bootlegs ㅋㅋㅋ I bet 99% that the DVD was made in China

6. [+35, -5] Either way, whether it was made in China or not, it was definitely our mistake to make an actor visiting our country feel that way

7. [+33, -7] Ironic how a Chinese is talking about bootlegs

8. [+16, -12] Jackie Chan, that DVD is from your country

9. [+14, -2] Isn't 95% of China's DVDs bootlegs.. It's kinda funny that a Chinese, no matter if he's Jackie Chan or not, is complaining about that ㅋㅋ

10. [+12, -6] Who the hell still buys bootleg DVDs anymore... Just download them.

11. [+11, -7] Jackie Chan-ssi, which country do you think has more bootlegs? China or Korea? I don't see what you're so disappointed in... Don't talk as if your country only sells original products and that you only see bootlegs in other countries. That's not right.

12. [+11, -8] Sigh, how embarrassing for us..

-