Hong Suk Chun breaks down while talking about the difficulties of coming out


Article: Hong Suk Chun breaks down on the set of 'Healing Camp'... "I thought God had thrown me away"

Source:
E-news via Nate

1. [+868, -69] I want to be cool and say that I acknowledge and accept people with different sexual preferences than mine but I admit that I'm someone that doesn not. When I saw Hong Suk Chun on Radio Star, however, and realized what a bright, happy person he is in the face of so much obstacles, I found that he is someone who knows how to give and forgive moreso than any person of a straight preference. I still can't say that I understand 100% of the 'gay' Hong Suk Chun, but I do know that the 'human being' Hong Suk Chun is someone who works hard. I hope that through him, people will loosen their views of the gays.

2. [+693, -53] Hong Suk Chun totally deserves to break down... How difficult it must have been for him. It will take me a long time to even begin to understand everything he had to go through.

3. [+623, -93] He's the same human being as the rest of us, just that his sexual preference is different. It'd be great if people stopped viewing him through a particular lens. He's an amazing person with a lot of love to give and I hope that he's no longer hurt.

4. [+90, -10] This hyung is basically the first to step up and take the bullet. It's difficult for anyone to be the first to initiate change.

5. [+61, -21] I don't know why people immediately think anyone that is different from them is wrong, and that goes for societal and governmental issues as well. Being different doesn't mean they're wrong, it means you need to learn and understand. I go crazy for girls but I'm not anymore wrong or right than Hong Suk Chun for loving men.

-

Article: Hong Suk Chun "I regretted coming out because it was such a lonely and painful process"

Source: Joy News via Naver

1. [+102, -15] Yes, it's true, it's not like he's done anything wrong...

2. [+88, -17] People that think gays are diseased need to shut up. Gays are not diseased or broken, they are just different. Don't try to manipulate that difference into something you can use against them.

3. [+68, -10] I don't know why people hate on him when he follows the law, pays his taxes, works hard, and doesn't bother your life or mine. I'd understand if he was Go Young Wook, though.

-