Article: Bill Gates 'pocket handshake', even American media outlets criticize him
Source: Yonhap News via Nate [original article here]
1. [+466, -48] I don't see a problem with shaking hands with only one hand... but having his other hand in his pocket is problematic.
2. [+365, -68] So the American media is admitting it themselves that Bill Gates should've been more careful. Although his past handshake photos show him with his hand in his pocket as well, there's the saying, "When in Rome, do as the Romans do".
3. [+512, -217] Whether it was intentional or a mistake or a matter of cultural difference, I don't think there's a country where it's acceptable to shake hands with someone with your other hand in your pocket. This is basically like some businessman showing disrespect towards our country's leader and a disgrace for our country. Bill Gates should apologize
4. [+49, -8] Imagine if Lee Gun Hee shook hands with Obama with one hand ㅋㅋㅋ
5. [+38, -6] I can understand not using both hands but it's so wrong to have the free hand in the pocket
6. [+34, -15] You can chalk it up to cultural differences but I think this is one of the basics that makes someone a person.
7. [+17, -6] So disrespectful
8. [+15, -5] He should research more about a country's culture before visiting
9. [+9, -1] Shaking hands with one hand is acceptable but the worst cultural crime for Koreans is doing so with one hand in your pocket.
10. [+6, -0] Shows that no matter how much money you have, you can't buy respect