Article: "All my fault" Jonghyun apologizes for controversies regarding joke of Indian traditional clothes + sexual preference statement
Source: Sports Donga via Nate
1. [+210, -76] Jonghyun has always been a celebrity who has never been afraid to speak up about the injustices of society. Who do you think is the power that is trying to defame him?
2. [+307, -24] I'm not sure why he's getting hate at all... so a video about gay love was played and he said that he wasn't gay so that became an issue? If that's it, then I don't think the hate is really warranted..;
3. [+172, -49] Well it's always best to give fast feedback like this
4. [+43, -26] I like that Jonghyun has always been fast to give feedback and apologize for even the littlest controversies regarding himself
5. [+29, -5] It's not even a big deal but all the Twitter feminists blew it up and demanded a clarification
6. [+26, -4] If you actually look at what happened, Jonghyun did nothing wrong. He just mentioned that he was straight so I don't know why that's an issue. Leave it to the Twitter feminists to blow issues out of proportion...
7. [+19, -4] Why can't he say what his sexual preference is? ㅡㅡ
8. [+14, -5] What is going on? I don't even see a need to apologize for any of this
9. [+14, -9] So different from Tiffany's apology... now this is what I call a genuine apology
10. [+12, -17] If he had been a female idol, the scandal would be even bigger and her name would be all over the search rankings ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
11. [+10, -3] Regarding his India controversy, it definitely warranted an apology and I think he did well on apologizing right away. However, apologizing for stating his sexual preference... If you listen to the recording, he did not refer to the gays as "that side" and he even said that he respected them. "I respect you but I am not (gay)." I don't understand how that statement makes him homophobic? Twitter feminists always act like they're so woke but they need to be logical;;;
12. [+9, -1] Saying Jonghyun's homophobic just because he said he's straight is like saying he's also misogynistic just because he said he's a male and not a female. What is this logic?????????
13. [+8, -15] Can't help but think how differently this controversy would be going if a female idol like Seolhyun got into this mess than Jonghyun...